- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers (India)
- Fellow, Institution of Instrument Scientists & Technologies
- Chartered Engineer
- Advanced training in areas of air pollution and its control and environmental management (technical), Carbon management as well as in corporate management and administration
- Chairman, Howden Solyvent India Ltd
- Director, Woodlands Multi-specialty hospitals Ltd
- Chairman, Enviro-care group
- Chairman/member, governing body of several technology (B Tech, M Tech) & management (MBA) institution
- Adjunct Professor in Universities, Institutions
Past positions held
Chairman, WBEIDC Ltd. (WEBEL Group)
- Director, Corporate Affairs, Asea Brown Boveri Ltd. (ABB) (Global Turnover 25 BUSD, Indian currently 1.5 BUSD, multi-location, multi-technology organisation employing about 4000 people in India, - 150,000 people globally)
- Consul for Sweden
- Director ABB (South Asia) Holdings Ltd
- Member, Country Executive Board, ABB
- Managing Director, Flakt India Ltd. (the then largest group in the world on Air Pollution Control & Air Handling)
- Managing Director, SAE (India) Ltd.
- Managing Director, ABB ABL Ltd. & Chairman ABB ABL Projects Ltd.
- Past Chairman CII(ER), & Skills committee, Past President Bengal Chamber(BCCI)
- Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering (North Bengal University), etc
Organisational & Management Responsibilities
As chairman of Webel group, was involved deeply in the activities in the state in the field of information technology in all its multifaceted aspects. This includes investment in the state, e-governance work in the state, IT education in all levels, technology collaboration, software and similar other projects, leading the board of directors in all policy matters etc., etc. In other positions mentioned, has had extensive and overall responsibilities in large companies(MNC) in top management position for all operations and functions since 1984. Has had country-wide responsibility in the whole group for marketing, technology, R&D, Corporate Planning and Communication, Information Technology, H/R, Quality Control, Process Improvement, Internal Consulting, etc., which include:
- Being operational & functional head of large, profitable and reputed engineering organisations of international standing and repute
- Association with and involvement in various domestic and international projects, technology collaboration and joint ventures, many “firsts” in the technological fields in core sector industries such as power, steel, coal, cement, aluminium, paper, etc. etc.in India & abroad. Specialisation in Industrial marketing and Technology Management
- Being fore-runner in TQM and EMS movement in Indian Companies.
- Practising and heading Corporate governance and culture building, improvement projects(technological/management), change management, building quality movement, customer focus and value management, value based marketing, human relations development, vision and mission building, etc. etc.
Other positions held & work done
- Past Member, Central Pollution Control Board, Government of India (Equivalent of EPA in USA) – only private member for six years
- Past member, Supreme Court appointed Committees for project clearance Fellow/ adjunct Professor etc of Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad, Cement & Building Research Institute of India, IIT-Kharagpur, IISWBM, Jadavpur University, Symbiosis Institute, IIMC, VGSOM etc.
- Past Chairman of National Committees on Environment, Higher Technical Education, TQM, etc. of CII
- Past Chairman, Confederation of Industries, Eastern Region (CII-ER), Past President, Bengal Chamber (BCCI)
- Led/participated in Industry delegation to Sweden (technology co-operation, environment, trade), Denmark, Canada (3 consecutive years in the enviro-globe conference and exhibition), Germany (Energy & Trade), Nepal (SAARC conference on energy), Bangladesh, Indonesia--USA ( Both Zero Emission Research Initiative—ZERI of UNO organized), China(twice) in International seminar as also technology co-operation in energy and energy associated systems, Thailand, Sri Lanka etc.
- Past Co-Chairman of Joint Industry task force for India and other countries like Bangladesh/Nepal etc.) Particularly these positions enabled the incumbent to have in-depth exposure of and very detailed insight into industries/energy/trade/technology/co-operation all over the country, abroad for the working, development, positioning, organisational and contextual changes in industries from MSME’s to large and very large transnational enterprises.
- Member of expert panel of UNDP, Vienna & UNEP, Nairobi Participated in various national and international fora in India & abroad either as leader of delegation or chairing sessions or as delegate/speaker particularly on coal fired power generation, environment control for the same, renewable energy particularly solar and wind, green & clean-tech industries in different core sectors. Some of the examples are international seminar on cleaner power from coal in Brussels, Energy technology & Trade in Jakarta, SAARC conference in Kathmandu, Renewable as also coal-fired power in Bangladesh, India, Hydel and mini hydel technology co-operation, energy trade within the region in Nepal, conference in China etc.
- Written/presented about 30 papers on air pollution control, environment management and sustainable development, marketing management, change management, management of Corporate Culture, HRD, etc. in different national & international corporate and academic meet.
- Past President, Bengal Club Ltd., Calcutta and past VP of CMA