20th August 2016
The Oberoi Grand,
20th August 2016 The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata
Welcome to 7th Energy Conclave 2016 The Biggest ENERGY CONFERENCE of Eastern INDIA…

The energy sector in India has seen a major transformation with progressive policy-level changes. These changes promise enormous opportunities for various stakeholders and market players. The Indian power sector is the fifth largest in the world. With annual electricity production of 1031 billion units, it is among the top five power consumers across the globe. The utility electricity sector in India had an installed capacity of 302.833 GW as of 30 April 2016. Renewable Power plants constituted 28% of total installed capacity and Non-Renewable Power Plants constituted the remaining 72%. By the end of calendar year 2015, India has become power surplus country with huge spare generation capacity to accommodate upsurge of ensuing demand, a key enabler for industrial and economic growth.

To achieve the 7-8% GDP growth trajectory, the world looks at India as a key engine for global economic development. The Integrated Energy Policy shows that India requires 1524 billion KWH of electricity by 2016-17 and 3880 billion KWH by 2031-32. With increased capacity, Government of India has launched the scheme “Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana” (DDUGJY) for rural electrification and set a deadline for 100% village electrification by May 2018 which even received finance ministry’s approval. Under DDUGJY-RE, Ministry of Power has sanctioned 921 projects to electrify 1,21,225 un-electrified villages, intensive electrification of 5,92,979 partially electrified villages and provide free electricity connections to 397.45 lakh BPL rural households. As on 30th June 2015, works in 1,10,146 un-electrified villages and 3,20,185 partially electrified villages have been completed and 220.63 lakh free electricity connections have been released to BPL households.

In India, the demand for electricity has always been more than the supply. In order to make electricity available across the entire cross section of Indian population by 2019, Government of India has launched "Power for All" a scheme to ensure 24/7 continuous electricity supply provided to all households, industry & commercial establishments by creating and improving necessary infrastructure.

Against this backdrop, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is organizing the seventh edition of Energy Conclave, the annual flagship initiative of CII on 20th August 2016 at The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata. Energy Conclave is committed towards creating an enabling ecosystem for the power sector and this year the theme of the conference is “A step towards Energy for All”. Energy Conclave is the biggest forum of the energy sector in the eastern region and over the years it has evolved into a platform for policy makers, thought leaders, investors, utilities, regulators, funding agencies, industry stakeholders, equipment manufacturers and energy professionals to deliberate on the key issues and best practices of the sector to create a roadmap for future development.

© 2015, All rights reserved | Made In GLOBOPEX